Welcome to VMS!
Versailles Montessori School Student Achievment Goals
We have no doubt that students at Versailles Montessori School learn plenty of ABC's and 123's, but we also want our students to learn more about who they are, what talents they have to offer and how to make good choices for themselves. We hope our students leave VMS able to say:
- That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.
- That just one person saying to me, 'You've made my day!' makes my day.
- That being kind is more important than being right.
- That I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in some other way.
- That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.
- That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.
- That it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.
- That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.
- That when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.
- That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
- That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.
- That opportunities are never lost, someone will take the ones you miss.
- That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.
- That one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.
- That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
- That life is tough, but I'm tougher.
May all students, staff and parents in Woodford County have a great school year!
Tony & Rene
Let us tell you a little about our school ...
VMS is conveniently located in the heart of the Bluegrass. Just two miles off of Bluegrass Parkway, we're only minutes away from Lexington, Frankfort and Lawrenceburg. VMS is ideally situated on 10 acres of farm land, south of Versailles in Woodford County. The school currently operates two toddler classes, two primary classes and one elementary class.
Our students look forward to coming to school and are usually not ready to leave at the end of the day. When asked of a former graduate of VMS to describe her 9 years attending the school she said,
- "You don't have to sit in
a classroom and just listen. You get to use materials and understand why things
work. You can go at your own pace. It is like another home, you can go to
anybody and ask them anything. You can be yourself."
VMS is more than a school, it is a community of individuals who help each other in a time of need, encourage each other with kindness and support the social, emotional and academic growth of the students.
For more information, please contact us:
- By phone: (859) 873-1998
- More contact information can be found by visiting our contact page.